North Carolina Family Law Questions And Answers
When you have decided that divorce is the next step in your marriage, it’s important to understand the process fully so that you can take steps with your attorney to protect your rights. At Daly Mills Family Law, we want our clients to be informed about the divorce process to help ease anxiety and confusion.
Frequently Asked North Carolina Family Law Questions
Finding accurate divorce advice online can be tricky. Many online resources may not apply to your particular situation, may not explain the law as it applies in North Carolina or simply doesn’t provide answers to your questions.
- When is it time to divorce?
- How much will my divorce cost?
- What can I expect during a North Carolina divorce?
- How long will the divorce process take?
- Why do I need a divorce lawyer?
- What if my spouse refuses a divorce?
- What is an uncontested divorce?
Child Custody and Child Support FAQs
- Is a child support/child custody modification attorney affordable?
- How long does it take to modify child support or child custody?
- Can I move my children out of North Carolina?
- Can I stop my ex-spouse from moving our children out of North Carolina?
- I am deploying; can my ex-spouse use that to get custody of our kids?
- I cannot pay a court-ordered child support amount; what should I do?
- My child’s mother/father is not paying court-ordered child support; what can I do?
We encourage you to use our resources as a starting point for your divorce research. An experienced attorney is often the best resource to answer your specific divorce-related questions. We hope that you will find the answers you are looking for on our website or during a meeting with one of our experienced family law attorneys. We understand that family law issues are intensely personal and can be very emotional. We are ready to meet with you when you are ready to take the next step and talk with a family lawyer.